Capital City: Carson City
Population (2019): 2,790,136; Rank: 35 of 50 | Population Quick Facts
Admission to Statehood: October 31, 1864 (36th State)
State Motto: Equality before the law
Origin of State Name: From an Indian word meaning “flat water” after the Platte River that flows through the state.
Area Codes: 702, 775
Zip Codes: Nevada Zip Codes
Flag: On a cobalt blue background in the upper left quarter is a five-pointed silver star between two sprays of sagebrush crossed to form a half wreath; across the top of the wreath is a golden scroll with the words, in black letters, “Battle Born”. The name “Nevada” is beneath the star in gold letters. The current Nevada State Flag design was adopted March 26, 1929, and revised in 1991. Get this Flag
- Area: 110,567 sq.mi (286,367 sq.km.), 7th
- Land: 109,806 sq.mi. (284,396 sq.km.), 7th
- Water: 761 sq.mi. (1,971 sq.km.), 35th
Highest Point: Boundary Peak ; 13,143 feet, (4,006 m.) 9th tallest
Lowest Point: Nevada; 481 feet, 37th lowest
Geographic Center: Lander, 26 miles southeast of Austin
- Absolute Center: 39°30.3’N / 116°55.9’W
- Relative Center: Lander, 26 miles southeast of Austin
- Distance Between U.S. Cities
- Agriculture: Cattle, hay, dairy products, potatoes.
- Industry: Tourism, mining, machinery, printing and publishing, food processing, electric equipment.
- White Pages: Nevada White Pages